Our Life Scripture

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Monday, September 1, 2008

Luke 9:23-25

"Have you ever taken a good look at yourself through the eyes of God? What does He see? He sees you where you are. He has seen what you once were, and sees who you are today. He sees you clearly. He loves you where you are. He has always loved you. He loved you while you were yet sinning and lost. He loved you when you turned to Him. And He loves you still. He sees where you need to be. There is a place God wants to take us. He desires to enable you to repent of your sin, die daily to your selfishness, and to take up your cross daily and follow Him. He sees your potential. He has given you a purpose and a plan to become what He sees you to be. He has developed you specifically for a place and time where you can be part of His plan to bring many to Jesus. Where are you today? Where could you be a year from now? What needs to happen for you to become what God has intended for you all along?"


I Love this daily devotion gadget I added to my blog, and I especially love today's Bible verse and devotion. I have told people often that a book that changed my life and way of thinking is Max Lucado - It's Not About Me. Pretty much what the scripture and devotion says - deny yourself DAILY from earthly wants and desires and seek God and His plan and His wants for your life - that's why you're here on this earth!!!! It's not about me.....it's about Him and the reason(plan) He created me - for fellowship with Him and for His work (even though He can get the work done with-out us, but we then miss the blessing!). Satan blinds us to that so often!! God is Great.....God is Love!! I hope you/I can enjoy that fellowship and those blessings today!! Love, Amy

No comments: