Our Life Scripture

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thanks Pookie!

Growing up in Alabama, my family always had a summer garden in our backyard. How great to pick a tomato and have a sandwich! So, when I saw on a friends blog that she was wanting a garden - thanks Heidi Stephens! - I knew this was the year!! And so my sweet hubby got to work!! He built the cutest box and got some good dirt - I live in Florida, we have sand people! - and took the kids to pick out the veges. Now, I did help dig up the holes and install the plants, and so I can be proud when the fruit/veges of our labor grows!! Thanks to my Pookie - yes, he will probably not appreciate me writing my nickname for him - for the garden!!



2 comments:

Pat and Nancy said...

I hope your garden provides lots and lots of green tomatoes for Mason!!! He always wanted me to fry him some green 'ba'matoes!!!

love you all...Nana

Heidi S said...

How many square feet is your garden exactly? It looks like a lot!

I'm so glad you're gettin' your hands in the dirt too!