Our Life Scripture

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5-6

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Maundy Thursday

I grew up in the Methodist Church, which always celebrated Holy Week including Maundy Thursday. This day has always been the day that I think/ grieve/celebrate/remember most, not meaning that it was or is more important than the Crucifixion or Resurrection, just I wish I could have been there.... as Jesus shared the Last Supper with His disciples, washed their feet, wept in the Garden of Gethsemane and sweated blood while His disciples slept, and was finally betrayed by one of His own or at least one who others thought was one of His.
Would I have understood Him when He said it was time, would I have let the Lord of Lords wash my feet, would I have slept when my Shepherd told me to pray while He went off to pray, would I have denied Him, do I deny Him today when He's done all this and more for me?? I pray I daily remember His sacrifice for mine and my loved ones life. Do you remember?

No comments: